What we speak becomes the house we live in.
Debra’s mediation skills help you create an agreement specifically tailored for you
Divorce is never easy. It causes stress for each family member and touches on matters that the family cares deeply about. Emotions are heightened by fear, lack of control, miscommunication, and distrust between spouses. The traditional legal process usually intensifies all of these negative aspects and creates an adversarial atmosphere.
Divorce and family dissolution mediation is a confidential process in which a neutral third party facilitates discussions between spouses to reach an agreement based on their individual circumstances. Mediation provides couples with a safe, private environment where they can express their individual needs and cooperatively design their own solutions for the future. After all, once the divorce is final, the individuals involved are those who will need to live with the outcome of their decisions.
Benefits of divorce mediation
- Focus on unique needs
- Promote respectful, open communication
- Balance power differences
- Empower participants to control the process
- Reduce stress, trauma, and resentment
- Resolve conflict with dignity
- Create durable, realistic agreements
- Improve future relationships
- Reduce time and costs
- Keep people out of the courtroom
Typical divorce issues
- Property and debt division
- Parenting plans
- Child support
- Spousal support
- Tax issues
- Post decree issues